Electronic Complaint Form for Overseas Students

This form should be used for complaints by overseas students about public education providers. For complaints from non-overseas student or about other Western Australian public authorities, please use the general online complaint form.

Please read our Information Sheet Complaints by overseas students before completing this form. Please note that complaints about private education providers should be made to the Overseas Student Ombudsman, and further information is available at www.ombudsman.gov.au

You should complain to your public college, school or university first. If you still believe a decision made or action taken by your public education provider is unfair or wrong, you can complain to the Ombudsman.

If you would like further information before making your complaint, you can contact us on (08) 9220 7555 or 1800 117 000 (toll free for country callers) or through the National Interpreter Service on 131 450.

The information you provide will only be used for the purpose of assessing and investigating your complaint.

Entries marked with * must be completed.

Your public education provider

Which college / school / university are you complaining about?



Have you lodged an internal appeal with your college / school / university?*

If your answer is No, please contact the international student advisor at your public education provider before you approach the Ombudsman.

Your Contact Details

Please provide us with your contact details below. Please note that your name and address must be provided in order to submit your complaint.

Representative's Contact Details

If you want someone to represent you regarding your complaint, please give us their contact details below.

Do you require help to access our services?

Do you have an ongoing disability that means you require assistance to access our services?


Do you need a translator?

How did you find out about the Ombudsman?

Please choose an option from the list below:

Tell us about your complaint

Did your college / school / university warn you under what circumstances your enrolment could be terminated/excluded? *


Were you informed of support services available to assist you? *


Did you contact any of yourcollege / school / university's support services for advice/assistance? *


Did your college / school / university refuse to process your appeal because it was not received in time? *


Supporting documentation

If you want to send a relevant document, you can attach a document to this form or send it by post, email or fax:

Do you need to send us more than three documents?

If you need to attach more than three documents, please send your additional documents by email to mail@ombudsman.wa.gov.au and tell us in your email that you have submitted a complaint online.

I will be sending relevant documents that support my complaint by:

Other information about you

By filling in this information, you will be helping us ensure our services are available to all of the Western Australian community. The personal information you provide is confidential to our office. Any information we release will only identify groups to analyse access by different members within the community. The analysis will not provide any information about individuals. While we would appreciate your responses, you are not required to fill in this part of the form.

Which gender do you identify as?

          Non-binary Prefer not to say

Are you of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander origin?


What is the primary language spoken at home?


Do you have an ongoing disability?


If yes, please indicate what your disability involves:


Submit your complaint

Please check that the details are correct. To clear all information, click on the 'Reset' button. If you are satisfied with your submission, click on the 'Submit' button to send us your complaint.