What you can complain about

If you think you have been treated unfairly by a Western Australian State Government agency, statutory authority, local government or public university (public authority), we may be able to help you.

Who you can complain to us about

With some exceptions, the Ombudsman can investigate complaints about:

What you can complain to us about

You can complain about any decision, action or inaction by any of the bodies within the Ombudsman's jurisdiction but only if:

  • The complaint is related to a matter of administration - the decision making practices and actions of public authorities in providing their services to the public; and
  • The matter affects you personally.

In certain circumstances we can receive complaints from a representative of the person affected. Find out more information about using representatives on the Making your complaint page.

What you cannot complain to us about

There are some things we are unable to help you with. The Ombudsman cannot deal with complaints about:

Unless there are special circumstances, the Ombudsman cannot investigate:

  • Complaints more than 12 months old; or
  • Complaints which you can take to a court or tribunal.